Ever heard of the nursery rhyme…
“…What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice, and everything nice,..”-from askville.amazon.com
Well, I hope girls are not made of the “processed” sugar if you know what it really is made of…
Sugar Facts and Myths: Why Sugar is Bad for You
Expose on why refined sugar is bad for you. Fred Rohe covers the facts and myths associated with the use of sugar in our diets.
By Fred Rohe
September/October 1971 motherearthnews.com
“…No Organic Merchant sells white sugar or any products containing white sugar because it is a foodless food. It is 99.96% sucrose and when taken into the human body in this form is potentially dangerous. It is touted as an energy food, but such sugar myths are propaganda and is misleading for there is ample evidence that white sugar robs the body of B vitamins, disrupts calcium metabolism and has a deleterious effect on the nervous system. This is why processed sugar is bad for you…”
10 Disturbing Reasons Why Sugar is Bad For You
By Kris Gunnars | 761,104
“…It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases.
Here are 10 disturbing reasons why you should avoid added sugar like the plague.
1. Added Sugar Contains No Essential Nutrients and is Bad For Your Teeth
2. Added Sugar is High in Fructose, Which Can Overload Your Liver…..
4. Sugar Can Cause Insulin Resistance, a Stepping Stone Towards Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes…
6. Sugar Can Give You Cancer….
8. Because it Causes Massive Dopamine Release in The Brain, Sugar is Highly Addictive…
10. It Ain’t The Fat… It’s SUGAR That Raises Your Cholesterol and Gives You Heart Disease…
Why Sugar is Worse than Darth Vader
By Steve on June 17, 2013 nerdfitness.com
“Highly addictive, horribly debilitating, unfortunately pervasive, and freaking delicious.
If I had to point to ONE culprit to our country’s expanding waistlines and rapidly deteriorating health, it would be sugar. The amount of havoc sugar and sugar substitutes have wreaked on our nation is horribly depressing. Fear not, as I’ve come up with the perfect solution!
Eat less sugar if you want to live longer.
Just kidding, there’s so much more to this story than that….”
Sugar: Startling Facts About How It’s Made
Author: Gloria Tsang, RD
Written By Gloria Tsang, RD on Jan 03, 2013 vancouver.healthcastle.com
I recommend honey to “sweeten” that “sweet tooth” if you have that craving..
Top 10…alternatives to sugar Mark Briggs theecologist.org
Want to give up sugar while still indulging your sweet tooth? Mark Briggs rounds up 10 natural alternatives
“…So how can you avoid sugar and its synthetic substitutes without giving up sweet stuff all together? Try some of these natural alternatives on for size…
Brown Rice Syrup
Barley Malt Syrup
“Published on Dec 23, 2014
Today I’m going to share my top five sugar replacements. Many people are over-consuming high fructose corn syrup and processed sugars so I’m going to go over my top five sweeteners that you can easily replace them with. Although these sweeteners may benefit your health and are better than processed sugar, I would recommend consuming these them in moderation.
1. Pure raw honey is great because it contains amino acids, electrolytes, antioxidants, and antimicrobial compounds, which can support your overall health. Honey also helps reduce allergy symptoms, is used as a natural medicine to help heal a wound, and is my most used natural sweetener.
2. Stevia. If you have blood sugar issues, are overweight, or have diabetes, then stevia may be the best sweetener for you. Stevia is a no calorie, all natural sweetener that comes from a leaf of a flowering plant. Make sure you get the green leaf stevia by sweet leaf brand.
3. Dates are great because they are high in fiber, potassium, minerals, and vitamins. The fiber in dates actually slows down sugar absorption in your body.
4. Coconut sugar. Organic, unrefined, coconut palm sugar is great for baking because it has the equal comparison of 1 cup to 1 cup of regular sugar in a lot of recipes. It’s full of potassium, electrolytes, nutrients, and has a lower glycemic index.
5. 100% organic, Grade B, maple syrup is another great sweetener to use in recipes.
The majority of regular sugar used is from GMO beets and corn, which is highly toxic to the body. Instead, try incorporating these five natural sugar substitutes to satisfy your sweet tooth while you’re taking your health to the next level.”
Any other “healthier” alternatives to “sweeten” your tooth?